- Elsa: *pushes a plastic shopping trolley across the room*
- Elsa: *trips and falls over the trolley*
- Malorie: HOLD IT RIGHT THERE. I HAVE TO COVER THIS FOR THE NEWSPAPER.
- Malorie: *runs to get paper and a pencil*
- Mally: No more hugs now.
- Me: Okay.
- Mally: Thank you for aspecting my boundaries.
- Me: What would you like for your birthday?
- Mally: I would like a Buzz and a Woody for my birthday.
- Me: Which one would you prefer?
- Mally: Buzz and Woody.
- Me: But if you could only have ONE of them, which one would you want?
- Mally: I would like Buzz.
- Me: Okay-
- Mally: And Woody.
- Me: So you'd be happy with either of them.
- Mally: I'd be happy with both of them.
- Malorie: Let me ask you something. Is The Wasp not in this movie?
- Me: No, The Wasp isn't in this movie. I think she might be in the Ant Man movie they're making.
- Malorie: *disgruntled sigh*
- Me: I know. It's a hard life, isn't it?
- Malorie: Yeah. It IS a hard life.
— Malorie watching Thor 2 for the first time.
No, Elsa, “please put the pretzels in the pantry” does not mean “please take all of the pretzels out of the bag one by one and line them up in a row on one of the shelves of the pantry”.
But thank you.